Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Just read post elsewhere from CDPond re hacking and tracking potential so SORRY to all for my attempts at making light. I trusted, and still do trust that the Moderators and site owners are working to remove and report the offenders.
ALSO....Just taken advice from "Mike34" and that worked also.......click on the offenders name and up comes the profile bit, click IGNORE and when you return to that section next time they are gone.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ALSO....Just taken advice from "Mike34" and that worked also.......click on the offenders name and up comes the profile bit, click IGNORE and when you return to that section next time they are gone.
Before you click ignore, click the report button at the top right and type in "spam" or something similar.

It helps those of us who are established members, but to new people seeking info from our forum, it makes us look like a joke, and we'll not likely get any new members until the massive dump of garbage posts from said spam bots are deleted.

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
My Hero.......Now, how about his partner "Kelly" and all future hacking, smaming, winkers ! Can you Zap them too so that common sense returns to this "Iconic" Forum please. Cheers
ron
I must have missed Kelly. Let me see if I can find him.
I swat ‘em asap, but sometimes am off the grid. Imagine that!
Best regards
Pete

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
Thank you, but.... when I click on the button for new posts, I'm still seeing dozens or more of this crud showing up. Is someone working on deleting the threads as well? TIA
I’ll look again, but l deleted quite a few posts. Maybe the ones you’re seeing are old ones further down in the pile?
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Anyone get the impression there are too many teenage boys in China currently under quarantine and have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ll look again, but l deleted quite a few posts. Maybe the ones you’re seeing are old ones further down in the pile?
Best regards
Pete
Do admins see any metadata on new accounts that would allow to set up rules to keep members like these crappers from posting? E.g. if IP originates from a certain locale disallow posting, do no allow creation of accounts with certain special characters, etc? That might help dam the recent flood without excessive manual intervention by (volunteer) admins/moderators.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Best regards
Pete
New Idiot....sdssdififfo now appeared in General Forum....so I will hit his name and REPORT as SPAM from his profile

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Before you click ignore, click the report button at the top right and type in "spam" or something similar.

It helps those of us who are established members, but to new people seeking info from our forum, it makes us look like a joke, and we'll not likely get any new members until the massive dump of garbage posts from said spam bots are deleted.
New Idiot on General Forum so I will hit on his name sdfssdiffo REPORT as SPAM then hit IGNORE and let MODERTOS hunt him down, Cheers for that
ron

·
Registered
757 Posts
Has to be a bot. A human should’ve realized by now that they’ve got their target audience all wrong. BTW the 124 is not sold in China or even well known there. It’s highly unlikely that any new “members” from that locale is here to chat about the car.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
That’s a hijacked ad.
D980C143-8C99-4514-92DE-65C6893E4142.jpeg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Its speculative but I just think the forums advertisement logic is, in part, based on forum thread content and language. That's why you got it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wish for admin / mods that the forum had tools to delete all threads started by a specific user instead of deleting them one by one!

·
Registered
757 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts