Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi, I did a full front light Led conversation from Ledperf. I’ve got side light, main beam, high beam and DLR. All works perfect, no flickering or errors. For the high beam/dlr it’s dimmer when on dlr and brighter on full beam. Mine is uk spec the bulb had 3 pins and I just simply switched the old for new bulb so you can get LEDs now which will work just like the dual purpose halogen bulbs-just brighter, much brighter actually 👍
I looked at this as well, but there is a problem with legality in the UK (Aftermarket LED Bulbs: MOT Rules And Legalities), things may change in the future but for now I just didn’t want the hassle come MOT time. Additionally, I wasn’t sure about the match between the OEM reflector bowls/ lenses and the LED bulb and I didn’t want to have to change any of the set up in that regard, I have read that LEDs output light differently, it just didn’t seem as straightforward as I had hoped. I am very rarely out in the car at night and so on balance I went with the brighter halogen option…I was tempted though as LEDs draw far less current and are an improvement in terms of output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts