Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
89 Posts
I told the windshield guy I thought there was a set available. He said only availability as car has been discontinued is buying the pieces.
The bezel sets are still being offered for sale all over the web from Mopar for just over $300. But I also see the Record Monza exhaust for sale too - so he's probably right. You can order the part but might find yourself waiting for eternity for the order to be filled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This will get worse and worse for us as spyder owners. Don’t hit anything. Insurance company may total our wonderful little cars as parts disappear. It’s so sad. Fiat and Mazda created the perfect looking and perfect driving car. And they just dropped it. Every time I look at mine it takes my breath away. It’s just perfectly designed. Was with a friend the other day. He said hey did you see that hot blonde? I never even noticed. I was looking at my car!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just added glass coverage today as well ($5.30 / 6 months). Thanks to this thread, I investigated to see what coverage I had, and it was just the standard $500 comprehensive deductible. Hope to never need the glass replaced though.

Cal,
According to Redline Auto Parts (they did a teardown analysis of Miata + Spider):

It doesn't sound like they actually measured the glass thickness though.

I did some more research, and modified my article today to reflect my findings.

I have glass coverage, but because of the additional work and expense, my insurance company would only cover the windshield replacement under comprehensive with the deductible.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I have glass coverage, but because of the additional work and expense, my insurance company would only cover the windshield replacement under comprehensive with the deductible.
That doesn't seem right. Maybe the adjuster previously worked in medical insurance.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That doesn't seem right. Maybe the adjuster previously worked in medical insurance.
If the adjuster worked in medical insurance, they would have done a lot of testing to determine the cause of the crack, tried 10 different things to fix it, charge me $23,000, and the windshield still would be cracked.

I am not a big fan of insurance companies.

When my Stelvio's windshield cracked, my insurance paid to replace it with an OEM windshield with no deductible under the glass coverage. I had to pay for the camera/sensor calibration, the calibration is not included in the glass coverage.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts