Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those circular sunshades yesterday from the local auto store. My black on black Abarth gets HOT with the windows and top up. Anyway, I got the smallest I could and it is huge and fits horribly. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that fits a bit better? I've tried searching on Amazon and there are two or three designed specifically for our cars but they are around $40. That seems a bit pricey for a sunshade.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
454 Posts
I bought one of those circular sunshades yesterday from the local auto store. My black on black Abarth gets HOT with the windows and top up. Anyway, I got the smallest I could and it is huge and fits horribly. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that fits a bit better? I've tried searching on Amazon and there are two or three designed specifically for our cars but they are around $40. That seems a bit pricey for a sunshade.
Madness Autoworks sells one for around $30 that fits the car perfectly. I bought it two weeks ago.

http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=528_534

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Prosecco. I actually saw your other post in a similar thread. Quick question though. Did you get the one with or without the sensor? I have an Abarth also but for the life of me, have no clue what this sensor thing is they're talking about.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Try this, it is cheap and works

I got it at Advance auto and I cut it into two circles and trimmed off the edges.

It doesn't fit perfectly, but it is easy to stow under the front seats.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...-1201006b/6290078-P?searchTerm=sunshade+twist

·
Registered
956 Posts
I bought a sunshade from WeatherTech. It fits like a glove on the inside of the windshield and folds up fairly well, not a small as the ones with the springs in the edge, but the coverage is better, complete.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Thanks Prosecco. I actually saw your other post in a similar thread. Quick question though. Did you get the one with or without the sensor? I have an Abarth also but for the life of me, have no clue what this sensor thing is they're talking about.
There is a sensor just to the left (looking at the windshield from the front of the car) of the rear view mirror, about 2 inches square, which can detect when it's raining and turn the wipers on as appropriate.

Because it's an extra 'box' attached to the windshield, there needs to be a cutout around the sun screen so it will fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a sensor just to the left (looking at the windshield from the front of the car) of the rear view mirror, about 2 inches square, which can detect when it's raining and turn the wipers on as appropriate.

Because it's an extra 'box' attached to the windshield, there needs to be a cutout around the sun screen so it will fit.
I never noticed that. Thanks! I was wondering how it knew when to turn on the wipers.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
saw this on Amazon, and cheap

Roll over image to zoom in

HeatShield

HeatShield The Original Auto Sunshade, Fiat 124 Spider Convertible 2017, 2018, Silver Series

1 - 9 of 9 Posts