Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, My 124 abarth won't revs up to 4000rpm, since the first day I've bought it.
Can you explain me why ? and maybe tell me how to get rid of this block ?
thank you

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
because it is automatic lol

·
Registered
GONE18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
769 Posts
Can provide more information about your car? Year and equipment (MT6 or AT?) Do you have a check engine light displayed? Any messages in the infotainment system? AT or not it should be able to reach red line and most certainly rev above 4000. Not that you want to do it often but will it rev over 4000 RPM in neutral? If it is under warranty then you should take it back to the dealer for an assessment. With more information I'm certain that this community can help you diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for s
Can provide more information about your car? Year and equipment (MT6 or AT?) Do you have a check engine light displayed? Any messages in the infotainment system? AT or not it should be able to reach red line and most certainly rev above 4000. Not that you want to do it often but will it rev over 4000 RPM in neutral? If it is under warranty then you should take it back to the dealer for an assessment. With more information I'm certain that this community can help you diagnose the issue.
for sure, it is an automatic and nothing is lighted on the dashboard. and no I mean when I’m in neutral or parking I can’t rev up to 4000rpm there is like a block. Later I will tell you the year and maybe I will warm it up and try to send a video

·
Registered
GONE18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
769 Posts
Can't begin to try and assist without more information. Otherwise your post is like calling the dentist and saying "Why does my tooth hurt?" They can't answer without additional information.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ok, that is helpful. As mentioned, perhaps it is in "safe mode" or what Dodge trucks used to call "limp mode". Though those usually include a CEL or other warning light.

·
Registered
769 Posts
When driving it will it also not exceed 4000 RPM?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When driving it will it also not exceed 4000 RPM?
when driving it take the rpm normally
it is a 2016, june.
and I think it is the safe mode too but do you know how to get rid off ? because I asked to some that have the same car automatic and no one have that problem...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe that the AT has a rev limit of approx 3k when in neutral..... perhaps other AT owners can confirm this ? Also, are you 100% certain that you don't have the speed limiter set ????
A friend of mine has the same still in automatic and it can revs up to 7000rpm, no speed limiter set

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Guys, this is a very well-documented issue, be sure to forum search.

In auto the engine will protect itself and won’t rev upwards of 4k when not in gear, just because. Usually after a few initial revs without limit, then limit is stuck on there forever I think. Temp doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
for s

for sure, it is an automatic and nothing is lighted on the dashboard. and no I mean when I’m in neutral or parking I can’t rev up to 4000rpm there is like a block. Later I will tell you the year and maybe I will warm it up and try to send a video
That’s normal, there is a 4k rev limit in neutral.

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
a

and how can I get rid of ?
A tune can remove it. You would need to purchase a tune, like from EC, and ask that removing it be included (may cost additional fee for the feature).

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
thank you, and do you know where I can buy it exactly ?
EC tune:

I don't know whether or not you need to pay for removing the neutral rev limiter, but here's a link to the add ons. You should call or email them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts