Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a automatic Abarth. Ideally loaded.

Must have low miles, stock, no-mods. Mint condition.
Open to these colors. White, Pearl White, Red, Silver.

Must be automatic and have Brembo brakes, Nav/Bose, Visibility, Comfort/Convenience.

Ideal options:
Recaro seats
Sport seats, black or red
Monza Exhaust

Thanks.

·
Vendor
3,231 Posts
The dealers still have some, and there are some good deals to be had.

Greg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealers still have some, and there are some good deals to be had.

Greg
I have not seen any of the $10K off msrp deals other members have found. Not yet anyway. I will wait a little now the season is over for convertibles. I am starting to see dealers offering $6K-$7K off of $38K-$39K cars. Have you seen any really good deals?

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
277 Posts
Those kind of deals can be had. You just need to bargain really hard. Got my new left over 2018 in April 2019 for $10,000 off sticker. Had to walk away a couple times and finally dealership met my price demand. I gave them my absolute number OTD and told them "Don't bother me unless it's at my price. Not interested in it if it's even $5 over that.". You've got the money and they need to sell the car.

Reactions: rexracerx9

·
Vendor
3,231 Posts
Those kind of deals can be had. You just need to bargain really hard. Got my new left over 2018 in April 2019 for $10,000 off sticker. Had to walk away a couple times and finally dealership met my price demand. I gave them my absolute number OTD and told them "Don't bother me unless it's at my price. Not interested in it if it's even $5 over that.". You've got the money and they need to sell the car.
I'm wondering if it will start to go the other way near the end. Yes, the dealers need to get rid of the cars, but but if you want a certain color or options, there may be very few cars that meet your requirements. For example, how many Red, fully loaded automatic 124 Abarths are at the dealers right now? It's not very many and the numbers are dropping.

Greg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Considering the increasing rarity of these cars, it’s almost making me want to buy another one and put it in bubble wrap!

I think deals can be had with ones with less desirable options - sold to those who are less enthusiastic about the vehicle than it being just a sports car to tootle around in.

I think if you prioritize the ‘must haves’, you will find the car you want: your list is too specific that you’d be lucky to find it in the whole of the US (when I bought mine way back when, there were 2 in the whole US, and I bought one of them, sight unseen, and was prepared to pay sticker. I got 4k off, though).

its all about priorities: if you found a car, 1000 miles away, with every option you wanted, what would you pay? Not trying to dissuade you in any way, just want to see someone who enjoys the car, actually get the car, and as close to what they want as possible.

Reactions: rexracerx9

·
Vendor
3,231 Posts
Last I talked to John Montgomery at Bensen I think he said he is only getting one more fully loaded 124 Abarth Automatic, Brembos, Recaros, etc. He did have some decent incentives though, and ships anywhere.

Greg

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a white loaded Abarth at a dealer in Shelby Ohio. Brembos, recaros etc... taking offers listed at 31.
Check out car gurus and search nation wide. That's how I found mine. Screenshot_20200913-134442.png

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whoops... Got a little trigger happy there... Wasn't done with my thought.
Anyway, it is a new one, but I was talking with them and they seemed ok to deal with. I went a different direction but thought I'd share it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm wondering if it will start to go the other way near the end. Yes, the dealers need to get rid of the cars, but but if you want a certain color or options, there may be very few cars that meet your requirements. For example, how many Red, fully loaded automatic 124 Abarths are at the dealers right now? It's not very many and the numbers are dropping.

Greg
I am flexible on color. I can live with white, pearl white, red, silver. There seems to be lots of white ones.

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
321 Posts

Greg
For giggles I looked at something similar to what you described above as I own a red 124 Abarth and was curious how much Fiat is asking for them now. It turns out there aren't any to be found in CA. In the SF area, there are hardly any 124 Spiders at all. Most are white, if you can even find one. I looked in SoCal since mine is from there, but it's pretty much the same there.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Must be automatic and have Brembo brakes, Nav/Bose, Visibility, Comfort/Convenience.

Ideal options:
Recaro seats
Monza Exhaust

Thanks.
i

Ideal options:
Recaro seats
Monza Exhaust

Thanks.
i have a loaded 2017 Abarth, all the options, if your interested in Black with Black Heritage Stripe, $ msrp $36,400+. 5500 miles. I can provide photos and Sticker, and discuss offer.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
175 Posts
I bought a left over new 2019 in the beginning of July. Pearl white, manual, recaro, brembo, visibility, technology and veneno packages. Stickered for just under 39k - out the door for 31.5k from Jake Sweeney Fiat just south of Cincinnati. Flew up and drove it back to Houston.

They try to buy up all the 124s - should check them out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a left over new 2019 in the beginning of July. Pearl white, manual, recaro, brembo, visibility, technology and veneno packages. Stickered for just under 39k - out the door for 31.5k from Jake Sweeney Fiat just south of Cincinnati. Flew up and drove it back to Houston.

They try to buy up all the 124s - should check them out.
I have seen their ads. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I plan on waiting for a deal. No rush. The Abarth would be a extra toy for me not something I need. It's going to be a cash deal so no waiting for a loan. I can jump on a deal right away if something comes along.

I can't believe there are so many brand new unsold 2019s left. 2020s also, they are going to be a year old soon. I have even seen a new unsold 2018. I can't imagine what the floor plan and carrying cost would be for something on the lot so long? I suppose there are dealers who are waiting for the right buyer to come along that has to have the exact car they have? Maybe they think they will get lucky as supply diminishes as production is questionable?

Thank you and everyone else for their advice and input. I really appreciated it. In the meantime I will live vicariously through guys like you and the forum. lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts