Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase the rear sway bar from a classica or lusso if anyone has one sitting around.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have one but it is the stock Abarth one (better!).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an Abarth but looking for the classica or lusso because its a little bit bigger.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The lusso and classica should be more stiff because of the bigger size.
Lol I don’t think so. Where did you see that they are bigger?

In what world would the performance oriented Abarth model have less-stiff sway bars than the Classica/Lusso?

In fact, stiffer sway bars are part of the bullet points of the Abarth model. I think you should check your information before purchasing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I don’t think so. Where did you see that they are bigger?

In what world would the performance oriented Abarth model have less-stiff sway bars than the Classica/Lusso?

In fact, stiffer sway bars are part of the bullet points of the Abarth model. I think you should check your information before purchasing.
I have done my research and it probably has to do with the shocks that are put on the abarth are stiffer than the tokico shock on the classica and lusso models. The softer shocks would require a stiffer roll bar to prevent body roll that would accompany the softer shocks. On the Abarth side fiat probably wanted to keep the tail end from getting to happy with the stiffer shocks so they put on a smaller sway bar.

Still looking for a stock lusso or classica sway bar if anyone has one.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
FYI: “In fact, we appreciate how Abarth seems to have focused more on its tweaked 124’s driving experience than chasing outright performance numbers. (For the record, Abarth claims the 124 Spider can accelerate to 62 mph in 6.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 143 mph.) The car retains the regular 124’s 50-50 front-to-rear weight balance while incorporating stiffer anti-roll bars, “Abarth by Bilstein” dampers for better body control, and aluminum Brembo brake calipers for improved stopping performance.”

Or: “The stock dampers have been switched out for Bilstein units, and the brakes have been replaced by ones built by Brembo. The anti-roll and tower bars are beefier, for sturdier cornering. It’s got a mechanical limited-slip differential. The tires have a bit more stick to them.”

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yup, Abarth is more stiff. That’s all I was saying lol. Just because it is 1mm larger does not equal more stiffness.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, Abarth is more stiff. That’s all I was saying lol. Just because it is 1mm larger does not equal more stiffness.
I understand what you are saying but I would still like to test this for myself. I understand that the 14mm bar could be hollow and the 13mm could be solid but I do not mind experimenting myself to find out. I wanted to try this way because if the 14mm bar is indeed stiffer I would like to see what that feels like before jumping to an aftermarket rear sway bar.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
If I ever get my aftermarket bars installed in my Lusso, you can have my OEM rear bar.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts