Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looking to buy a Spider Classica with a manual transmission! Ideal colors are Silver or Red but open to others. I'm in California but open to shipping or picking up across the US. Open to well-cared for high mileage examples as well. Rented a 124 Spider and was immediately in love. Hope to join the community soon!

Nick

Registered
Hey all,

Looking to buy a Spider Classica with a manual transmission! Ideal colors are Silver or Red but open to others. I'm in California but open to shipping or picking up across the US. Open to well-cared for high mileage examples as well. Rented a 124 Spider and was immediately in love. Hope to join the community soon!

Nick
If you care for looks make sure to get the version with the LED headlights (oblong ring instead of circle). I love the fact that my Classica is extremely basic (even has the 3 inch radio 馃槑), but if I had noticed the visual difference at the time I would have gone for the LED headlights (visibility pack). However, I鈥檓 not sure if the Classica even has that option, so if you like them but they don鈥檛 exist for Classica I鈥檇 suggest looking for an urbana since it doesn鈥檛 have the silver bezel that the lusso has. If you search on cargurus I鈥檓 seeing a good amount of them for under 20k in a lot of different trim options.

Registered
Hi and Welcome Aboard...Whichever model 124 Spider you buy will be GREAT FUN...124 Classica is a basic "Sports Car" to drive and enjoy, or, play with (Modify) to suit you. The 124 Lusso is the "Executive" model all Leather and toys to play with..however, don't let that fool you..It shifts too ! (both 160 bhp USA). The 124 Abarth looks different (more aggressive) and you get an extra 4 bhp, an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and a "Sport Button". Have a look at the thread"124 Spider Basic Ownership Rules....some of" asit will assist you care for your RED Spider ! Cheers
ron

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, info, and suggestions! I'm torn because I like the leather/features of the Lusso and the performance (sport mode) of the Abarth, but I don't like the silver trim on the Lusso or the aggressive front end or large, dark wheels of the Abarth. My plan is to get a Classica and then add an ECU tune to replicate the punchiness of the Abarth's sport mode along with Goodwin springs and maybe even swap in Lusso seats. I hadn't thought about the visibility package but will definitely go for that if it's available... unfortunately examples near me in my price range that meet all this criteria seem slim!

Registered
Thanks for the welcome, info, and suggestions! I'm torn because I like the leather/features of the Lusso and the performance (sport mode) of the Abarth, but I don't like the silver trim on the Lusso or the aggressive front end or large, dark wheels of the Abarth. My plan is to get a Classica and then add an ECU tune to replicate the punchiness of the Abarth's sport mode along with Goodwin springs and maybe even swap in Lusso seats. I hadn't thought about the visibility package but will definitely go for that if it's available... unfortunately examples near me in my price range that meet all this criteria seem slim!
Hi.....Take a look through "Brexit Mods" thread where I have used this thread to record everything I have done to my 124 Spider since joining the Forum, it may help you decide what it is you want Spider and in making it "your own" exactly.
I wanted "Basic" as I knew beforehand that I would want to decide what goodies I required (not a package deal), Like you "Leather", I even got the correct seat covers with Red piping (all in thread), Exhaust..the Classica exhaust is feeble, I didn't want "In Your Face" LOUD, so checked them all out and found my "Good-Win" (in the thread also).
Once you decide which Spider best suits you then just drive it for a while until you get to know and understand each other then ...start listing (great fun and cheap !)....no money spend as yet but you will gain a priority list to (and I would) present here for the members to comment on......."Most" members here will suggest that you start basic and test / build up your modifications feeling the difference as you progress. For instance....
"IF" you notice turbo lag then the Guys here have the answer but if you don't or don't care then save your money, same with exhaust, if you are happy with the OEM job, fine. Just find YOUR Spider (RED is always best though ;) and enjoy it............I was lucky, I almost fell over my Spider crossing a full car lot to test drive a Mazda MX5 (never bothered) just knew instantly, MINE ! Cheers
ron

Registered
Now that I鈥檓 looking at it it seems like only lusso and abarth can get visibility pack. It might be best to buy the lusso and then replace the silver trim pieces rather than to buy a Classica and redo the interior.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[BUMP] Still looking to join the Spider club! I've switched to searching for a '17 or '18 Abarth in silver (but also considering black or white) with 6MT. I'm in the Southern California area but willing to travel or arrange shipping for the right car. Thanks!

Registered
"My plan is to get a Classica and then add an ECU tune to replicate the punchiness of the Abarth's sport mode "

It will gain you a great deal more than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts