Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here has an auto and bought the GWR nonresonated midpipe, and regrets their choice, I have a GWR resonated midpipe for the auto, and would like to trade. Straight trade.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

·
Registered
710 Posts
Shark, I think it's going to be really, really loud. I know I said GWR non-resonated is not that loud but that's with the dual tips + baffles, stock cat, and soot collected over 40,000 miles. With both baffles removed it does get a bit too loud even for my car. I had to keep one baffle on to avoid pissing off the neighbors. There is significant drone at 3000 RPM at highway speeds (~70 mph) with baffles removed. I love the sound but only for track days, it's just too violent for the streets.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shark, I think it's going to be really, really loud. I know I said GWR non-resonated is not that loud but that's with the dual tips + baffles, stock cat, and soot collected over 40,000 miles. With both baffles removed it does get a bit too loud even for my car. I had to keep one baffle on to avoid pissing off the neighbors. There is significant drone at 3000 RPM at highway speeds (~70 mph) with baffles removed. I love the sound but only for track days, it's just too violent for the streets.
I've got the quad tip, so no baffles. But, the SportCat may in fact make it too loud. I guess I should leave it alone LOL.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I was taking my wife to work yesterday and every time I lifted on the throttle the car backfired. She sunk down in the seat and covered her face because she was embarrassed.

I've got the quad tip, so no baffles. But, the SportCat may in fact make it too loud. I guess I should leave it alone LOL.
Unhook the mid-pipe and see what you think of that. I think you might change your mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts