Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Abarth, in black. It's basically brand new, about 700 miles. Love the car.

But I've grown to dislike the gunmetal grey stock wheels (17 inch) on the car. They're nice, but to my eye, they just do not go well with a black car. They look great on white, red, etc., but to my taste, not with black.

So if anyone has a Lusso model with great condition stock wheels, and would like Abarth wheels, I'd be open to an even-Steven trade. My wheels are basically new, no scratches, they've never kissed a curb, etc. The car's located in the SF Bay Area but I do come down to Southern California every few weeks.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I'm in Fremont and I have a white Lusso. I've had the car for about a month, 900 miles on the wheels, they are brand new.

Ohhh, your wheels are gunmetal, not black. I'm wanting black.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2017 Abarth, in black. It's basically brand new, about 700 miles. Love the car.

But I've grown to dislike the gunmetal grey stock wheels (17 inch) on the car. They're nice, but to my eye, they just do not go well with a black car. They look great on white, red, etc., but to my taste, not with black.

So if anyone has a Lusso model with great condition stock wheels, and would like Abarth wheels, I'd be open to an even-Steven trade. My wheels are basically new, no scratches, they've never kissed a curb, etc. The car's located in the SF Bay Area but I do come down to Southern California every few weeks.

I too am less than thrilled with my Abarth wheels and am considering replacing them with something different and trying to sell/trade my existing wheels. However, it won't be a simple swap because the Abarth model has TPMS sensors in the wheels and the Lusso/Classico models do not have the TPMS sensors. They use the wheel speed sensors in the hub to calculate if a tire has low pressure. SO if you do a straight swap with a set of wheels from a Lusso/Classico you will have to have the tires unmounted, the TPMS sensors swapped over from your rims, the tires remounted and probably balanced. OR drive with a piece of electrical tape over top of the warning light on the dash.;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'd be open to the swap - I have the Lusso - excellent condition. I think the gun metal would look good with my car. I'm in Louisiana, though, so we'd be shipping these things. (Just the wheels, not the tires, of course, since you'd need to keep the tire pressure sensors). PM me if you're interested.
K

·
Registered
248 Posts

I'll trade. I took my lusso wheels off just after I bought the car. I'm on OZ Superleggeras now. Still have the Lusso wheels.

I'm in the central valley, but could meet up with you if your'e interested. Here's a pic before I took them off.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts