Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several automotive websites suggesting that the 2018 Lusso will come standard with Sirius XM. They changed their options around and it appears the audio upgrade includes Bose speakers and nav, but XM will now be a standard feature. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Let's look at some window stickers

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK0J0133960

This is a lusso model for 2018. Seems that XM is added as an option. "Navigation and Sound Group".

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK0J0133912
Another lusso. this one manual. XM also added as option

Here is a similarly equiped 2017 auto to compare to the first link.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK8H0129424

Note that the 2018 model is similarly equipped, however its missing the lighting group (or whatever it's called). All other options look the same.
Missing from 2018 model above, as compared to 2017 model.
LED Headlamps
Adaptive Front Headlamps
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
Headlamp Washer
LED Daytime Running Lamps

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's weird. I thought the 2018's price went up a hundred dollars. These stickers show 2017 prices, however the options are regrouped more like what has been reported for 2018. According to cars.com, the 2018 price for the Bose and nav package is $100 dollars less. https://www.cars.com/research/fiat-124_spider-2018/specs/usc80fic051b0/

I didn't know there were any 2018's available yet. Very confusing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's weird. I thought the 2018's price went up a hundred dollars. These stickers show 2017 prices, however the options are regrouped more like what has been reported for 2018. According to cars.com, the 2018 price for the Bose and nav package is $100 dollars less. https://www.cars.com/research/fiat-124_spider-2018/specs/usc80fic051b0/

I didn't know there were any 2018's available yet. Very confusing.
they are shipping. some 2018s are already sitting on dealers lots
The stickers I posted are for cars in transit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. My local dealer said that according to his information on 2018 orders, XM was now standard on Lussos. I guess Fiat must have changed their minds by dropping the extra 100 bucks from the MSRP and adding it back onto the Bose Nav package. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, perhaps if traffic in the US depends on the XM antennae and connection, it makes sense to
bundle nav and XM?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Let's look at some window stickers

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK0J0133960

This is a lusso model for 2018. Seems that XM is added as an option. "Navigation and Sound Group".

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK0J0133912
Another lusso. this one manual. XM also added as option

Here is a similarly equiped 2017 auto to compare to the first link.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=JC1NFAEK8H0129424

Note that the 2018 model is similarly equipped, however its missing the lighting group (or whatever it's called). All other options look the same.
Missing from 2018 model above, as compared to 2017 model.
LED Headlamps
Adaptive Front Headlamps
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
Headlamp Washer
LED Daytime Running Lamps

Interesting changes in the 22S convenience package. Guess we won't see LED headlamps in the 2018's. Or perhaps it's a different package?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The dealers always have more current information early in the transition from year to year. Most of the FCA websites are not yet updated with 2018 build and price. However you can walk into a dealer and order one today.
We've known one can order one for a while now, but since 2017 production has long ceased they should have had 2018 info online, like all the other manufacturers do.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm canceling my XM next month as it hits the one-year renewal date. I dislike that I can't skip songs in a genre, and around rush hour they use DJ's. Besides, I have learned in the past that Sirius is an unethical company who will jack you around with their pricing.

I have around 3000 songs loaded on my USB flash drives, and that works perfect for me. It's free.

Reactions: Rando and mbwalters

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm canceling my XM next month as it hits the one-year renewal date. I dislike that I can't skip songs in a genre, and around rush hour they use DJ's. Besides, I have learned in the past that Sirius is an unethical company who will jack you around with their pricing.

I have around 3000 songs loaded on my USB flash drives, and that works perfect for me. It's free.
I had Sirius in my Kia Soul since new in 2012. Just dumped it earlier this month at renewal time. Every six months, I'd call them and calmly tell them to renew me for another 6 months for $5/month, plus fees (around $36 total). Sometimes it took me 20 minutes and multiple operators to bite on my offer, sometimes they'd kick me upstairs to a manager in 20 seconds and they'd grant me that price, but it always came through. (One time an operator just hung up on me- how rude! I called back and got my way.) My case was simple, and always stated calmly, several times if necessary- "I have several great public radio stations to choose from in my market, and frankly, your satellite service is not worth more than $5/month to me for the 5 stations we listen to. Little Steven's Underground Garage. The Loft. BB King's Bluesville. Real Jazz. On Broadway (for my wife). That was it. My car gets the signal regardless of me subscribing. So, you can send the signal to my car and I can refuse to pay to listen to it, or your can send the signal to my car and I'll give you $5/month so I can listen to it. Do you want $5/month from me, or do you want $0/month from me? You decide, because I'll cancel right now otherwise." Nice and calm and cool. They always renewed, at MY price. But they would never do that for more than 6 months at a time, always calling it a promotional price rather than their basic $19/month, which I'd never pay for any reason.

I cancelled because I've now got both of my cars running on thumb drives with over 1500 songs of my liking. At renewal time, I told them to cancel me because of this. And in the last 2 weeks they have been hammering me to come back. Phone calls, written letters, $5/month offers(!). Nope, and nope, go away. Their loss. Frankly, their sound quality on several stations was getting sporadically worse. Seems like some show hosts were streaming into their service from their home computer system, and it sounded that way.

Steve.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My wife has a trial now on her new vehicle and I have had them as well and never had problems with the signal, and I am away from big cities/towns. We listen to Lithium, Ozzy's Boneyard, Octane, Metal, and similar channels but they do seem to have a limited selection...the only JP song they seem to play on one of them was Turbo Lover, which I didn't really like to begin with and there are way better JP tunes that than one! Anyway, I have the basic system in my Abarth so even if I wanted XM I could not get it, but thumb drives are the way to go...my 74 year old Dad even uses one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't really care if I have XM or not. If you have to have it for real time traffic updates with the nav, that's the only reason I can think of, but I can get that on my phone. I agree, the shark fin ruins the lines of the car. In looking at 2018 stickers that folks have posted and doing a little research on my own, it appears some of the changes published for the 2018 models are not happening. I also noticed that the "new" puro bianco perla color is the same snowflake white that Mazda has been using for years. Paint code 25 D. I was hoping for a color closer to the bianco perla on the 500, but that's not the case. Still looking forward to taking delivery of my new Lusso when it arrives.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Yeah... They SUCK.... . Mine expired.. you gotta say you'll cancel... every 6 months.. I get it for $19 TOTAL for 6 months..... the lady on phone.. goes....

OK.. I have you down for $19/month... and I go NO NO NO NO ... $19 TOTAL for 6 months.... Never paid it.... Parked my car under the carport for an entire week... the shut off signal didnt go

through... so now... FREE SIRIUS.. ..

Pissed off former XM employee said on a forum.. if you disconnect the Sirius Module, and unplug it's antenna... and leave it that way for 2 months, and just use the radio, etc.. It passes a point .. and you now have FREE SIRIUS XM FOR LIFE!! another guy on the forum has done it to 3 cars over the last few years.. and it WORKS.... he's still getting it FREE..

·
Registered
587 Posts
I continued to get it for free for just over 5 months one time until they sent the disconnect signal; everyone will get it one day. If that were true a lot of people would be doing it and XM would catch on for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts