Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car back last friday because my water pump and free out plug were leaking and I have another coolant leak in the same area yet again! Track day is coming up on the 7th and this has been really frustrating. What could have possibly went wrong installing the new pump and plug ?!

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
i got my car back last friday because my water pump and free out plug were leaking and I have another coolant leak in the same area yet again! Track day is coming up on the 7th and this has been really frustrating. What could have possibly went wrong installing the new pump and plug ?!
Sorry to hear that...Unfortunately there was a run on 2018 model water pump failures, corrected under warranty with many members here reporting that actually Fiat had not applied sealant (or applied very little and the pump was not the fault); As you have just had yours done there would now be no excuse for a new one leaking, so...as you say...just got the Spider back......you have warranty with any replacement part so back there you go......Demand they sort it, at their cost !
Cheers
ron

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that...Unfortunately there was a run on 2018 model water pump failures, corrected under warranty with many members here reporting that actually Fiat had not applied sealant (or applied very little and the pump was not the fault); As you have just had yours done there would now be no excuse for a new one leaking, so...as you say...just got the Spider back......you have warranty with any replacement part so back there you go......Demand they sort it, at their cost !
Cheers
ron
I’m just extremely frustrated because i have owned this car for over 2 months and it spent most of it’s time in the shop! My luck has been terrible and most of it wasn't even the cars fault (got the car paint corrected which took awhile and then 2 days after I got my car back someone hit the car)! I am convinced that I am cursed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There have been reports here of botched water pump warranty repairs. You wouldn't be the first. Dealership will have to do it again at their expense.

Reactions: Disfo

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I'm late in the discussion (well the previous discussion)...what year and how many miles? Just want to know a little more background on this issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm late in the discussion (well the previous discussion)...what year and how many miles? Just want to know a little more background on this issue. Thanks!
A 2017 abarth bought with 18977 miles. I have 21560 miles on it now. I bought the car with a broken undertray, an evap/boost leak, faded bumper paint, and a leaking water pump. Carvana’s warranty covered all of that and the only thing left to deal with is the water pump, but after having a lot of work done to the car I just want it to be fully functional lol

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Was the water problem resolved for later years, or are 2019s and 2020s still prone to it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts