Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 1200 miles, I had a huge amount of smoke pour out after starting up -- both white and blue smoke. Then it occurred intermittently while in heavy traffic several days later. It would engulf the car behind me (embarrassing) then things would clear up for maybe 10-20 minutes. All this time -- no check engine light. Then, after about a 90 mile drive, I started it up the next day, and after running a few minutes, huge white and blue smoke poured out the exhaust again. Now a blinking check engine light, then a severe miss, then it quit completely within a few seconds.

It's in the dealer shop now and won't hear till next week, since they are slammed with 500 work. Anyone have any ideas? I've never had a turbo car before, but I wonder if its something due to the turbo loading up somehow. Oil level has not dropped, but the water may have, though I wasn't sure if it was down or not.

Was hoping to autocross this car but due to all the rain in Oregon, have only been at one very wet event where I couldn't really see how the car handles. Now I hope the darn thing will run.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts