Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I went for an early morning drive in the foothill canyons west of Denver yesterday morning. Ended up following a guy in an Elise and whilst he was able to carry more speed than me through the corners (possibly due to him having a larger 'set' than me on slightly damp roads), I was faster overall - he was pretty surprised, and that's down to the turbo holding power all the way to redline. My car is running great right now and I think I've reached my personal end-of-the-road as far as mods to the engine are concerned.

Oh and the System One exhaust in those canyons - glorious!!! Well worth the abuse I took when I got when I got home for leaving at 5.30 am with the straight pipe in...:D @Good-Win Racing

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went for an early morning drive in the foothill canyons west of Denver yesterday morning. Ended up following a guy in an Elise and whilst he was able to carry more speed than me through the corners (possibly due to him having a larger 'set' than me on slightly damp roads), I was faster overall - he was pretty surprised, and that's down to the turbo holding power all the way to redline. My car is running great right now and I think I've reached my personal end-of-the-road as far as mods to the engine are concerned.

Oh and the System One exhaust in those canyons - glorious!!! Well worth the abuse I took when I got when I got home for leaving at 5.30 am with the straight pipe in...:D @Good-Win Racing
I noticed in your signature that you have Tork multiair Springs. What are your feelings on them?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I noticed in your signature that you have Tork multiair Springs. What are your feelings on them?
The difference - at least to me - is subtle at best. I put them in when I already had the valve cover off to replace a leaky spark-plug tube seal. I'm not sure I'd say the difference is enough to go through all that on its own - getting the valve cover off is actually a bit of a PITA.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts