Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Just want to say, that's a lotta miles! I guess you don't need a lot of space in your daily life ;) Hopefully most of that is with the top down...

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Nero Cinema
56 Posts
When was the last time you contacted EC? I have been on their site often and it seems everything is out of stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
63k miles here. I was commuting 150 miles round trip a day for just over a year but pandemic aside I got a job closer to home to cut that to about 22 miles round trip. No mechanical issues to report except the AC went weak on my for the second time in the fall but it's cool enough now to not need it. I'll need to get that taken care of pretty soon because here in SoCal it'll be warming up again soon enough. I did replace the brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads at around 45k miles.. 2017 Lusso bought in July 2016 so it's going on 5 years old now and it runs like a champ!

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH spider
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
63k miles here. I was commuting 150 miles round trip a day for just over a year but pandemic aside I got a job closer to home to cut that to about 22 miles round trip. No mechanical issues to report except the AC went weak on my for the second time in the fall but it's cool enough now to not need it. I'll need to get that taken care of pretty soon because here in SoCal it'll be warming up again soon enough. I did replace the brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads at around 45k miles.. 2017 Lusso bought in July 2016 so it's going on 5 years old now and it runs like a champ!
Always love those who drive their cars
Although my miles may stop going up as they were
My other cars are getting back in the road

·
Registered
6 Posts
61k on my 2017 Abarth 6spd MT. Bought new and commute 100 miles a day M-F. Love driving it. Have been working from home since Covid, otherwise I’d have another 20k.
It’s completely stock. Still on original battery, brakes and tires. Tires are just now at the treadwear bars. Time to replace- any suggestions?
The only problem I had was a slight oil leak at 40k miles. It was the big banjo bolt at the bottom of the oil filter adapter. Snugged it up and the leak stopped.
Oil changes and tire rotations every 10k miles using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 recommended by the Mfr.
Spark plugs every 30k using OEM plugs and all work is done in my garage at home. Nice to see there are others using their Spiders as much as me!! Thanks for the thread!

·
Registered
142 Posts
61k on my 2017 Abarth 6spd MT. Bought new and commute 100 miles a day M-F. Love driving it. Have been working from home since Covid, otherwise I’d have another 20k.
It’s completely stock. Still on original battery, brakes and tires. Tires are just now at the treadwear bars. Time to replace- any suggestions?
The only problem I had was a slight oil leak at 40k miles. It was the big banjo bolt at the bottom of the oil filter adapter. Snugged it up and the leak stopped.
Oil changes and tire rotations every 10k miles using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 recommended by the Mfr.
Spark plugs every 30k using OEM plugs and all work is done in my garage at home. Nice to see there are others using their Spiders as much as me!! Thanks for the thread!
I replaced the original Bridgestone RE050 with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires at 30k miles, and I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Gearhead1 and wrh3

·
Registered
78 Posts
I replaced the original Bridgestone RE050 with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires at 30k miles, and I couldn't be happier.
That's my plan as well, maybe time to upgrade to Titan wheels too. Have been VERY happy with the Firehawks on other cars, currently that is what I have on my 4C.

I just picked up my 2019 Abarth at the beginning of last year and only have around 5k miles at this point- all trouble free. Nice to see many others driving and enjoying their cars 😎

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've got to remember those Firehawks one of these years.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts